- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 1 large carrot, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1L (4 cups) salt- reduced chicken stock
- 400g can cannellini beans, rinsed, drained
- 400g crushed tomatoes
- 200g silverbeet, trimmed, shredded
- 4 slices crusty Italian bread, coarsely torn (if having for lunch)
- Olive oil spray
- Chopped continental parsley, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Saute’ onion, celery, carrot, and pancetta, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes or until vegetables are golden and just soft.
Add garlic and stir for 1 minute or until aromatic.
Add stock, beans and tomato. Increase the heat to high and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until reduced slightly.
Add silverbeet and cook for 2 minutes or until wilted.
Season with black pepper.