Let’s get physical! All Olivia Newton-John puns aside this easy healthy recipe is fantastic for you fitness addicts and for building muscle. We listen to our bodies talk (we’re sorry we had to, last pun we promise), so we know exactly what it needs for optimal performance. The right consumption of quality proteins, carbohydrates, and healthy fats are essential for eating for fitness. For protein, you to consume your body weight in grams/day. This recipe packed with quality protein in chicken helps you reach this quota.
● 2 (about 1.3kg each) whole fresh chickens, each cut into 4 or 6 pieces. Or 2kg chicken breasts
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
● 2 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
● 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
● 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
● 2 teaspoon fennel seeds
● 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
● 435 ml (1 ¾ cups) chicken stock
● ¼ cup chopped fresh continental parsley
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
2. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook half the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
3. Add the onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes or until golden.
4. Add the paprika and fennel seeds. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
5. Stir in tomato and stock. Add the chicken.
6. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 50 minutes.
7. Uncover and simmer for a further 25 minutes. Remove from heat.