These fatty acids are necessary for the production of hormones. A healthy hormone balance translates directly into a healthy body and life.
After adding all of these ingredients, you have an ultimate power soup to conquer those hormones.
- 60ml (2 fl oz) olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 1.5L (2 ½ pt) vegetable stock
- 150g (5 ½ oz) green beans, trimmed and chopped
- 150g (5 ½ oz) green peas
- 150g (5 ½ oz) asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1cm(½ inch)pieces
- 85g (3oz) baby spinach leaves, torn into pieces
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and cook the onion, garlic and celery until lightly browned. Add the zucchini and broccoli and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Pour in the stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the green beans, peas, asparagus, and spinach. Continue to simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
3. Season well with cracked black pepper.
4. For extra taste, serve with a little dollop of pesto.