What does adrenal fatigue, estrogen dominance, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, low estrogen, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, low testosterone, Graves disease, and diabetes all have in common? They’re all hormonal imbalances. So if you’ve got one of these or know someone who does we’ve got another easy healthy recipe to help!Eating a variety of foods high in various types of fats is key to creating, keeping and improving your hormone balance. Your body needs saturated fat and cholesterol as fundamental building blocks for hormone production. Coconut and chicken are some of the best sources of healthy fats which also have fantastic fat-burning effects and pair magically together. Though this recipe looks super simple, it hits some great taste notes and if you live full lives like most of us do, we barely find the time to cook a decent meal. The beauty of using a crockpot is that they make cooking so much easier and healthier!
- 2 pounds of boneless chicken (combo of thigh and breast is fine too)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 onion
- 2-4 tablespoon curry powder
1. Toss in your chicken, no need to chop them. The slow cooking will make it so you can shred it when it’s done, saving you time and clean up.
2. Chop up your onion. You can roughly dice it. It adds flavour and texture to the recipe.
Add in your curry powder. (Add to your taste levels. You can always add more curry when it’s done cooking.)
3. Mix up everything.
4. Let it cook for 8 hours on low.
5. Shred up your chicken inside the crockpot with two forks.
6. Serve over cauliflower rice, regular rice, or just eat it as is.