Eating various types of fats is key to creating, keeping and improving your hormone balance. Your body needs saturated fat (yes I did say saturated fat) and cholesterol as fundamental building blocks for hormone production.
The Chuck cut is one of the neck muscles used to support the head, which contains a great deal of connective tissue. High-quality chuck roast contains alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) which is an omega 3 essential for hormone health.
Though this recipe looks super simple, it hits some great taste notes and if you live full lives like most of us do, we barely find the time to cook a decent meal. The beauty of using a crockpot is that they make cooking so much easier and healthier!
- 1-2 lbs. organic beef chuck roast
- 1 yellow or white onion, chopped
- 3 cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon bay leaves
- ½ cup red wine (optional)
- 1 cup organic chicken, beef, vegetable stock, or purified water
1. Place all ingredients into crockpot.
2. Cover, cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (or more, it won’t get overcooked).