Cacao, being the purest form of chocolate you can consume is thought to contain the highest source of antioxidants and magnesium of all foods! These antioxidants protect you from harm from free radicals that damage cells within the body.
Almonds support a healthy metabolism. People who frequently eat almonds and other nuts retain healthier body weights and lower rates of obesity over time compared to those who avoid nuts.
So, use this easy recipe instead of your typical ‘snack’ to maintain your healthy eating, boost your metabolism, potentially lose weight and satisfy those taste buds in the process!
- 2 cups raw almonds, soaked overnight in water
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate bar pieces, minimum 72% cacao
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
1. Pour 2 cups of almonds in a food processor and let it run for about 5-10 minutes until you reach the desired smoothness. It takes a few minutes for the almonds to release the oils for a creamy nut butter. Within the first few minutes, you’ll notice a dry, meal-like consistency. The fibers will eventually break down.
2. As for the coconut oil, stir in the dark chocolate pieces to dissolve.
3. Add the melted mixture to the food processor and let it run for another 1-2 minutes until it emulsifies and reaches a creamy texture again.
4. Sprinkle in pinches of sea salt as desired.