We LOVE Turmeric. Here is a beautiful protein-rich, anti-inflammatory dish which tastes delicious. Turmeric is anti-inflammatory, and coconut milk contains lauric acid which has been shown to boost the immune system. Remember- only use organic chicken- otherwise, it is probably full of antibiotics, hormones, and many other nasties.
- 1 kg organic skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup organic chicken stock
- 2 cups sliced red onion
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of herbs of choice-basil, oregano, sage, thyme, rosemary
- spinach to serve
1. Coat the sliced chicken breast in coconut oil and turmeric
2. Pan fry in a large pan, add some water or stock to keep the chicken moist and cook chicken until lightly golden.
3. Add onion and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion has softened (3-5 mins)
4. Spread the mustard over the chicken pieces using a spoon or brush.
5. Cook for 15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Pour the coconut milk and honey into the pan and stir for 2 min, until sauce has thickened slightly.
7. Arrange on a serving dish, and garnish with herbs and a side of fresh spinach