Gather your butter, garlic, spinach, pasta, and Parmesan cheese. That is it! These five ingredients come together to create a tasty pasta dish. I like to use whole wheat angel hair pasta because it cooks up in a jiffy, but any pasta will work. You can use whatever you have in your pantry. You can have this pasta dish on your table in 15 minutes. The flavors are simple, but so good. Sure, you can toss in other veggies or add some chicken, but the pasta is good as is. It doesn’t need any extras. Sometimes it is nice to just stick to simple.
- 8 oz uncooked pasta (we used whole wheat Capellini)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5-6 cups packed baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling salted water and cook until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Set pasta aside.
- Using the same pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add in the pasta and spinach. Gently toss and cook until spinach leaves are wilted. If the pasta starts to dry out, add in some of the reserved pasta water. We usually add about 1/3 cup. Stir in 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese and toss until combined. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Pour pasta into a large bowl. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.