Dr. Espen’s Superfood Chocolate is completely organic and contains all the available nutrients from the Superfoods, ready to serve your body. And it tastes GREAT!
This chocolate recipe is completely adjustable and can easily be altered to suit your taste. If you like better dark chocolate, add more cocoa and less goji berried. If you like milky chocolate, add more cocoa butter. Those with a sweet tooth can add more honey or a natural sweetener such as Stevia. Please note that due to the chocolate being completely natural, it needs to be kept in the fridge or freezer as it might melt at room temperature
You will need:
A bar mixer or blender
Chocolate molds or ice cube trays (silicone works best)
100 ml coconut oil
100 g cocoa powder
4 tbsp dried goji berries
30g cocoa butter
2 tbsp chia seeds (black, white or mixed)
2 tsp honey or natural sweetener (optional)
1. Pour coconut oil into the bar mixer/blender and add goji berries. Whiz them up into a smooth paste
2. Use a bar-mixer to melt your cocoa butter then add to the mixture. You can melt the butter in a pan or microwave on low heat but beware not to heat over 36 degrees as this will kill off the cocoa’s nutrients and you will miss out on its health benefits.
3. Add the honey or natural sweetener, chia seeds, and cocoa powder. Pulse the mixture until it is all mixed together (about 3-5 seconds)
4. Pour the mixture into the molds and leave in the fridge for approximately 30 mins to set.
5. Once they have set, they can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge or freezer.
6. Eat, enjoy, and share with your fellow yogis.
Once you have the basic recipe in your repertoire, you can experiment with adding nuts, raisins, fruits, coconut, mint, chilies or any of your favourite ingredients.
Good luck and enjoy!