Let’s paint a scene together. It’s New Years. January 1st. You’re angry that you’re at exactly the same place you were last year and swear in declaration that from this day forward you’re going to be different. A changed man. A changed woman.

Unfortunately, only 8% of you will end up sticking to this goal for the duration of the year, and truly be changed for the better . 25% of you won’t even make it past week 1. I know these are discouraging statistics. Makes you contemplate giving up on goals completely, and regrettingly some folk do. Brian Tracy tells us that 1) people don’t realise the importance of goals, 2) people don’t know how to set goals, 3) people fear failure or 4) people fear rejection which stops them from goal setting.

If you realise the importance of goals, fear failure and rejection but are willing to jump in anyway we can help you understand how to set goals, because we’re going to give you the greatest nugget of all, right now.

It has a little something to do with a Harvard study completed in 1979. A question was presented to new graduates; ‘have you set clear, written goals for your future and made plans to accomplish them?’ The answer:

  • 84%, ‘No’
  • 13%, ‘Yes, but not written down,’ and
  • 3%, ‘yes, I’ve clear, written goals with plans to accomplish the.’

10 years later the same graduates were interviewed. The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all, and the 3% who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.

So, the deal breaker? Writing your goals down. Unless of course you’re content with earning less than your potential, which experience tells us you’re not.

Start manifesting your destiny. Become a written down, goal-seeking organism, that accomplishes everything desired for your life.